At LFX Jewelry, we are very proud of maintaining the uncompromising quality and standards of our diamonds. We understand that buying diamonds for a special moment or celebration can feel overwhelming. Read our diamond buying guides and tips to help you find the stone that’s right for you.
Since ancient times, diamonds have been used to represent wealth, power and invincibility. Diamonds are the hardest natural gemstone on earth – they can only be cut or scratched by another diamond.
One of the first things most people learn about diamonds is that, like a fingerprint, every diamond is unique. Diamonds come in many sizes, shapes, and colours, and with a variety of internal and surface characteristics.
The Four C's
The "Four C's" of diamonds is a universal way to grade a diamond and describe its characteristics. A diamond's value, and its beauty and brilliance, is based on its own unique combination of the four C's.
Carat (ct) measures the diamond's weight. It has the largest impact on the price of a diamond. Read more about Carat.
In most diamonds, the term colour actually refers to the absence of colour. The less colour in the diamond, the more desirable and valuable it is. Read more about Colour.
Clarity measures the amount, size and placement of internal "inclusion" (flaws) and external "blemishes". The less inclusions in a diamond, the rarer and more valuable it is. Read more about Clarity.
Not to be confused with shape, the cut is what ultimately determines the brilliance of the diamonds. It has the greatest influence on a diamond’s beauty and sparkle. Read more about Cut.
How to Choose a Diamond
At LFX Jewelry, we are committed to find the perfect diamond for you – that unique diamond with the characteristics you desire and that is within your budget. Here are a few steps to consider when choosing a diamond:
- Identify the diamond shape you desire
- Find the right balance between the Four C's
- Choose your jeweler carefully, based on their reputation and experience
- Insist on a diamond grading report
How to Select the Perfect Engagement Ring
At LFX Jewelry, we understand choosing the perfect engagement ring can sometimes be overwhelming. Some of the questions that people typically ask are:
- What diamond shapes will suit my partner?
- What engagement ring settings make sense?
- What is the most important engagement ring buying tip?
Our jewelry consultant are highly trained diamond professionals, who will help you step-by-step to find the perfect ring.
Diamond Ring Care Tips
Although diamonds are very durable and hard to scratch, they are not invincible! Here are some tips on how to take care of your diamond rings:
- Take your ring off – do not wear a diamond ring when doing intense house cleaning or cooking. Cooking grease and chemical cleaning products can make your diamond dull and cloudy looking.
- Keep your ring clean – wash the diamond ring with warm water and a soft toothbrush. Take it back to LFX every six months to have it professionally cleaned.
- Check your ring setting – schedule a maintenance appointment with LFX Jewelry at least once a year to make sure the setting is adequately securing your diamonds.