Our Timeline

1848

(Qing Dao Guang 28) – Lao Feng Xiang was established in Shanghai, China. It was first addressed at Da Dong Meng and named “Feng Xiang”.  It is founded by the Fei Family and first managed by Mr. Fei Ruming.

1886

(Qing Guang Xu 12) – Lao Feng Xiang moved to Pingwang Street (original name of “Nanjing Rd”), known as Lao Feng Xiang “Yi Ji”.

1908

Lao Feng Xiang moved to East Nanjing Road (the original site still exists today at 432 E. Nanjing Rd. as LFX’s flagship boutique). LFX becomes the oldest Chinese brand who retains the longest lasting historical site in history.

1999

Lao Feng Xiang’s designers won 16 awards in the Millennia Forever Gold Design Tournament organized by the World Gold Council.

1930

Lao Feng Xiang built a three-story building on its original site.  The store recruited over 40 craftsman and became a one stop shop from manufacturing to retail.  Its 24K gold products were well known in Shanghai for its high quality, massive variety and exquisite craftsmanship.

1931

The very famous Shanghai mob boss Du Yuesheng ordered a customized water tank sized silver festive ware from Lao Feng Xiang.  Silverware of this size was almost impossible to make at that time. When it was finished, LFX’s craftsmanship became the most highly regarded in the industry.  LFX also became the most famous jewelry shop in Shanghai and one of the top nine jewellers in China.

1952

Lao Feng Xiang was procured by People’s Bank of China and reorganized to establish State-Owned Shanghai Gold and Silver Jewelry Shop.

1958

Lao Feng Xiang was renamed “Shanghai Gold and Silver Products Factory” and started manufacturing jewelry and silverware for exporting purpose.

1919

Mr. Fei Zushou took over LFX from his father and started the second generation of LFX management. He is famous in the business for his creativity and strategic planning. During his management, LFX made history of stocking over hundreds of thousands grams of gold and became the most demanded gold products on the market.

1959

Lao Feng Xiang became one of the designated factories for producing silverware and giftware for Beijing Great Hall of People. One of the most well known produce was the large gilding five-star sunflower ceiling lighting fixture with a diameter of 9.5 meters.

1972

During the Chinese Cultural Revolution, Lao Feng Xiang was closed for business.  But its craftsman never stopped improving their skills and techniques.   They successfully created the first automatic necklace-linking machine, the first brighten plating machine and the first wax-loosen machine in China.

1982

One of Lao Feng Xiang’s chief designer Mr. Zhang Jingyang created “Xing Yue Sheng Hui”, which won the Best Design Award of the South East Diamond Jewelry Design Tournament. This was the first time a Chinese jewelry designer won an international award.

1985

Lao Feng Xiang restored its original name "Lao Feng Xiang".

1989

Mr. Zhang Jingyang’s master works “Rotating Dance Steps” and “Gallop” won the Best Design Award of the South East Diamond Jewelry Design Tournament and the Best Design Award of Hong Kong Pure Gold Jewelry Design Award.

Lao Feng Xiang’s Chief Designer Mr. Zhang Xinyi’s design “Elegant” became the first Chinese piece to win an international prize.

Lao Feng Xiang was awarded one of the “Top 50 Famous Shanghai Branded Products” and “Shanghai Famous Trademark”.

1992

ISO IN Shanghai (Number 600612)

1993

"Lao Feng Xiang Jewelry Factory" was established.

Lao Feng Xiang’s Chief Designer Mr. Zhang Xinyi became the lead of LFX’s  5th generation art masters.  He earned the title of "China Arts & Crafts Master" and became the youngest one to ever earn such title in history.

1996

"Shanghai Lao Feng Xiang Co. Ltd." was established.

1997

Lao Feng Xiang gained the honour of "National Satisfied Enterprise" eight years in a row.

Lao Feng Xiang became the first to gain the certification of ISO manufacture and sales process.

Lao Feng Xiang gained the title of "China Top Brand", which was the only one in the Shanghai jewelry business.

1998

One of Lao Feng Xiang’s chief designer Ms. Lu Lianlian’s master work “Rhythm of the Wind” won The Asia Pacific Diamond Jewelry Design Award, “Ling Zhi” and “Wu Ti” won the DeBeers China Jewelry Diamond Jewelry Design Award.

China First Pencil Co. Ltd. Became the controlling shareholder of Shanghai Lao Feng Xiang Co. Ltd.

2000

Lao Feng Xiang was awarded the “China Famous Trademark”. This was the first Chinese jewelry brand that received this honour.

2002

Shanghai Gold Exchange Centre was established in Shanghai, marking the official opening of the Chinese gold market.  Lao Feng Xiang become one of the first members of Shanghai Gold Exchange.

2003

Lao Feng Xiang partnered with another Old Brand “Peng Yuan Xiang” and created the first Pure Gold Zip.

Lao Feng Xiang was invited to create “the Three Treasure of Buddhism” in Shanghai Jing An Temple. This masterpiece used over 12 kg of pure gold.

2004

Lao Feng Xiang Master Design Centre was established. LFX’s designers were encouraged to work directly with customers to create premium customized work.

2005

Lao Feng Xiang’s brand value reached 16.05 billion RMB and was ranked one of the “Top 500 Most Valuable Brands in China”.

2006

Lao Feng Xiang was ranked one of the “Top 500 Most Valuable Brands in Asia”. It was also ranked the 7th of the “Top 100 Antique Chinese Trademark”.

Lao Feng Xiang’s Chief Designer Mr. Zhang Xinyi created his masterpiece “Sheng shi Guan Yin”.

2008

Lao Feng Xiang’s Chief Designer Mr. Zhang Xinyi created his masterpiece “Eight Gods Calabsh”.

Lao Feng Xiang’s filigree technique became designated as an Intangible Cultural Heritage of China.

Lao Feng Xiang became one of the first mainland Chinese jeweler that participated in the JCK show.

2010

Lao Feng Xiang’s design “Hua Kai Fu Gui” won the Gold Price at the “Tiangong Yiyuan” Boutique jewelry design competition.

2012

Lao Feng Xiang opened its first oversea store in Sydney, Australia.

Lao Feng Xiang’s sales exceeded 25 billion RMB and has had steady double digit sales growth over the past 12 years.

2013

Lao Feng Xiang’s brand value exceeded 12 billion RMB.

Lao Feng Xiang reached a network of 2000 retail boutiques.

2015

Lao Feng Xiang opened its first US boutique in New York City.

Lao Feng Xiang opened its first Hong Kong boutique, located in Tsim Sha Tsui.

Lao Feng Xiang opened its second Hong Kong boutique.

Lao Feng Xiang opened its first Canadian boutique in Vancouver.

Lao Feng Xiang opened its third Hong Kong boutique.

2016

Lao Feng Xiang opened its fourth Hong Kong boutique.

Lao Feng Xiang was ranked the 365th on the “Top 500 Chinese Corporation”.

Lao Feng Xiang opened its fifth Hong Kong boutique.

Lao Feng Xiang’s Chief Designers Mr. Zhang Xinyi, Mr. Sheng Guoxing, and Ms. Wu Pei Qing together created another masterpiece “Ba Bao Xun Xiang Lu”.  After winning various awards, it was collected by the Shanghai History Museum as part of their Signature Filigree Collection.

Lao Feng Xiang opened its sixth retail boutiques in Hong Kong, making their 9th branch operating overseas.

2017

Lao Feng Xiang’s marked a network of 3000 retail boutiques and franchised stores worldwide.

2018

Lao Feng Xiang celebrated its 170 years anniversary.

Lao Feng Xiang opened its second US boutique.

Lao Feng Xiang was ranked #13 on Deloitt’s Global Powers of Luxury Goods Report

Lao Feng Xiang opened additional 4 boutiques in Hong Kong, reaching 14 oversea branches outside of Mainland China.